There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

NICARAGUA...here I go

Almost there...

Today is my only day off coming from working 8 days straight and 6 days in a week (thanks Harry Potter) SO I'll blog now and perhaps WHILST I'm in Nica. I work 3pm-midnight on Sat and Sun then my flight is at 7am on Monday.

I just talked to Karen today (finally!) to get everything together for the trip. I still can't believe I only have to bring $200 for 10 days...pretty nice. We'll be visiting her school everyday, where she teaches, and hanging at her house the rest of the time so I'm looking forward to some bonding time (girl talk, painting nails and LAUGHING).
We'll be going hiking in the mountains so we'll stay at a hostel for a night or two and we'll go out in her town once or twice otherwise we'll be relaxing in her town.

Karen and I have known each other since we were 10 and I can't tell you how much I miss her ever since I moved to FL. It's just not the same just talking on the phone or emailing. We used to live down the street from each other for 8 years so we'd see each other a lot and go places but now I'm lucky if I see her once a year. Funny how life changes when you have to be a grown up.

I'm extremely excited to see Karen, meet her host family and the kids that she teaches and simply being in Nicaragua! Oh, I also have a 10 hour layover in El Salvador on Monday (awesome - sense the sarcasm) SO I'm bringing lots of books. This will be my first trip not bringing my laptop so it'll be me, my journal and my thoughts - could be dangerous. Haha!

Books I'm bringing along:
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Same Sweet Girls - Cassandra King
Wisconsin Blessings - Becky Melby
The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks
The Greatest Salesman in the World - Og Mandino
More than a Carpenter - Josh McDowell
The Shack - WM. Paul Young
Creating Magic - Lee Cockerall
Sacred Hoops - Phil Jackson

Let's see how many I finish reading!

I'm so blessed to have these opportunities. Thankful and grateful for a GREAT GOD :)

See everyone when I'm back - hope you enjoy the journey as much as I do :-))))

No comments:

Post a Comment