There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Day 1 - Just touched down in Germany...

The sites from Osnabrück to Melle.

The smooth riding train we must take everywhere.

The 7am meal I received for breakfast...I did not touch it.

The beauty sleep I did not get BUT I got to watch Star Trek in German!

Snow covered mountains...




Philippians 4: 6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

I arrived into Frankfurt, Germany at 9:30am today (March 4th). I've been traveling since 10am on March 3...I finally got to Melle at 3pm after taking a 4 hour train ride from Frankfurt. I did a lot of people watching and met a few fun characters on the train rides.

I had to change from Frankfurt to Köln, then Köln to Osnabrück, and Osnabrück to Melle...4 hours later...my butt was the numbest its ever been and my back hates me BUT my hot shower took care of both and now Jess and I are having movie time since it gets dark here early.

Jess is introducing me to "How I Met Your Mother". I've not seen that show before so it should be fun especially since she compared it to Friends.

I'm contacting my pen pals in Jena, Germany (Gerhard und Renate) tomorrow and we're planning a day or two of tours in their city. It'll be my first time meeting them since I first became pen pals with them in 2000. In my German class, my freshman year of high school, our class had to go to this pen pal website and find one. I found this sweet, retired couple and have kept in touch ever since. I'm very excited to meet them!

Off to eat some ice cream and lounge for the night.

Tschüß!!

P.S.
Jess got a kick out of me asking if we're allowed to flush the toilet paper down the toilet since we're not allowed to in Greece. My cousin and I did that, when we were kids, and the toilet all backed up outside of the house...we learned our lesson. End note, we ARE allowed to flush toilet paper down the toilet.

My pillow in MY OWN ROOM is amazing!! - must get up to sight see and create memories...

The site from my room window

The site from the front of the home

No comments:

Post a Comment