There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

DAY 3 - Train to Jena, Germany

We frantically ran to the train station in Melle (since Jess lives 25 minutes away from it) and we made it just in time to purchase 2 tickets to Jena which left at 7:28am.

We had to stand for the first two connections, about 4 hours, until our third connection.
I continuously asked Jess, "Which train is it? What time is it?....Which day is it?" I told her that "Which day is it?" will be my most frequent question since even when I'm in the states, I have a problem knowing which day I'm on.
We were able to sit and take a cat nap for an hour and a half until we arrived in Jena. Gerhard and Renate greeted us at the top of the steps with yellow roses. He thought I was taller from my pictures that I sent but I’m always standing next to my mom who’s 5’1” soo that’s why I looked taller ☺

Thüringer Bratwurst from Jena, Germany..

The view from Gerhard and Renate's dining room

We get to their house and meet Anja (their 2 year old Cocker Spaniel) and Renate’s mom. Gerhard showed us to our bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom (we basically have a mini house to ourselves). Renate prepared coffee and cake for us all to eat and converse over. We had dinner, bread rolls with a variety of meats and cheeses. (I have never eaten so much bread and cheese in one sitting…in.my.life)

We left the house at 7pm to go to "die Schwarzbiernacht" translation: "Black beer night". (an event where all the bars had bands play different genres of music) We heard the band Genesis (from England), The Sound of Johnny Cash: Bandana, Die besten Oldies in Alt Jena, Partymusic: DJ Mario, Wir sind Elvis: Undercover, and Funk, Soul & Trumpet:Mellowrose Projekt. We drank lots, danced lots, laughed lots. We got home around 11:30pm and ate more cheese and bread. My goodness.

Clearly...it was the end of the evening with my hair gone astray and undoing my jacket in 20 degree weather

Jess and I ended our night with a slumber party. We were giggling like 13 year old girls since we're sharing a room. Jess has uncovered that I'm truly a romantic though I tend to speak negatively on the subjects of marriage and kids but then she listened to my selection of special friends and can understand where I'm coming from. Also, I've explained to her all that I've observed and it makes sense. Oh girl talk is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment