There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

6/24/10 - That guy tried to steal my basket!

We attempted to wake up at 6:30am but I got up at 7 and finally showered. The first time since Tuesday morning since I’ve been putting it off because I know it’s going to be cold and showers here are by filling one large bucket up with water and using a small bowl to pour the water over you, little by little. I’d have a difficult time adjusting to all of this. Karen spoiled me and boiled my water and got it ready for me 

SHOWER TIME!

This is why I only showered 4 out of my 10 days in Nica...

I didn't want to be cold pouring water on myself - whatev...I'm in Nicaragua


Teaching the 7th graders to say...


"I brush my teeth everyday" in Ingles


We went to Karen’s school to sit in with the 7th grade class. This class has a teacher that knows a little English and teaches them some and Karen will help out. They introduced me again but I never get any questions since everyone is shy. They knew Chris and Brittany from their visit in May so Karen mentioned that. The schooling here is so unorganized; the kids just do whatever they want and classes will either be cancelled or cut short. They don’t have actual textbooks so it’s hard to have an agenda.

This is how the people from Nicaragua smile...


I don't ever want to hear a comment about me not smiling again.


The English teacher


We left at 9am and took the bus to visit this “Hammock’s and Breakfast” Hostel that this guy just built. We were walking to the hostel as these men yell “Ey, mami” from his house and Karen says “I am not your mother” haha. This guy that owns the hostel heard us speaking English when we were ordering movies (I got 11…I couldn’t resist it! $1.50 a movie, the US can’t beat that!) He wanted tourists input. The hostel was okay. You sleep in hammocks and it’s pretty plain. It was okay but it was nice to lay in the hammocks.





THE LIFE - time actually stopped for me in Nica


Bottled water off the streets


There's this homeless guy that's always at the bus stops (clearly on something) and tried to steal Karen's basket from her! HILARIOUS - trying to get a pic of him before I leave since we see him almost everyday.

WE GOT IT - we were taking our last bus ride to Matagalpa, leaving Karen's town AND sure enough, he was at the bus stop - the one with the hat on. I said, "Karen! Karen! He's there! Get the camera!! GET the camera!!" HAHA


Sidenote: As we’re riding the bus, Karen tells me that there was a bat in the room last night just as I fell asleep but she didn’t tell me so I wouldn’t freak out. This makes me feel better for tonight.

We got home today at 1pm and slept until 3pm….woke up sweating it was so hot. I finally got in my dress and we left the house at 5pm to go to Juansito’s 8th birthday party. Juansito is Kiotho’s nephew from the family we met the other night. We brought the cookies and marshmallows over to make smores later too.

Kiotho's brother

Kiotho - such a sweet girl!

Juansito's 8th birthday - BIRTHDAY BOY!


This is why they all wear SO much gel in their hair!! They start young - hilarious


Smores for EVERYONE!





We were the culprits :)


Their cat had kittens!

Kiotho's family - Karen's neighbors and good friends - such a wonderful family


Painting our nails - girls night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment