There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

6/28/10 - You learn new things everyday

Today was Teachers Day so there were several acts put on in the morning and the afternoon. Karen taught me that when something is supposed to begin at 10am, that really means 11:30am. I would not be able to deal with that. Being prompt is such a big pet peeve of mine!


Karen danced a lot - and won!




Rice with some chicken, bread and hot dogs somewhere in there I think


Karen won another dance contest! - get it, sister


Diego sometimes can be nice without biting but then...


Princessa gets jealous and bothers him...


So they fight whilst on my lap...



Manuel was trying to fix her bracelet she attempted to make back in training


Funny story...so ever since Karen found those mice in her suitcase, Princessa is always looking for more in bags and everything so Karen is paranoid that her bag in the corner of the room may have some since Princessa keeps smelling over there. She starts dumping stuff out and her backpack falls out so Roberto starts to help look and check to make sure there are no mice and then I hear Karen say "Kristina, my applicator just fell out", I say, "What?" and she says, "Oh my God, he just opened the pouch with my tampon in it - Oh my God, he just picked up my tampon" (Karen is no longer looking but laughing so hard while looking somewhere else) then I finally look and I say, "Oh my God, he just smelled it!" HAHA
We are DYING laughing and Manuel yells, "Es Tampono!" because he knew what it was but Roberto had NO IDEA. They're very expensive to buy there so women don't use them.


The boys were genuinely interested and wanted to know how it works so we explained it for them. It's interesting because in the States, such a conversation would probably result in giggles and embarrassment or be "taboo" to just explain to someone but there, they were truly interested and had no idea. Roberto said, "You learn something new everyday" - this is true.


Then they had some fun with it - haha



Gotta love Nicaragua

No comments:

Post a Comment