There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

DAY 4 - Our walk in the forest

Jess and I woke up at 11am...though Gerhard called us at 10am and Renate knocked on our door at 11am to wake us up...Oops :) We were soo tired and haven't been getting much sleep with all this train riding. It's okay though. We went to the supermarket again and got some Bratwurst's for later (since we knew that we'd work up an appetite from our long walk later). We drove about a half hour away to this mountain. We walked and passed a few ski resorts..we didn't ski but I'd like to in the future at some point. (I'd rather just learn snowboarding) My toes were numb though I wore 2 pairs of socks. I could just hear my mom in my head saying "You need to dress appropriately because when you're older...." LOVE YOU, MAMA!

SIDENOTES:
- German men and women are TALL.
- My nose will be red in every picture since it's cold and my nose is the first thing to get cold.

We ate our Wurst's in the car then drove back to Jena. We got settled and ate some more. We all showed pictures via the internet. We scratched Austria off the list of places to visit since it's an 11 hour train ride. I. Don't. Think. So. We're going to Berlin instead (only a 2 hour ride from Jena). We're going on Tuesday...unless plans change. Things have been rather spontaneous...I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment