There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

DAY 5 - Off to Leipzig, Germany we go

I feel so so large. We eat 8 times a day (it feels like) and so much bread and cheese and beer...I have a food baby.

SIDENOTE: When I first arrived in Frankfurt, when asking for directions, I kept mixing my Greek with German. And I realized it after the fact. Sometimes the words are easier in each language so it's whatever comes to mind first.

SIDENOTE: Jess got me a "Welcome to Melle" gift which is this giant scarf that says "Deutschland." I saw it and said, "A Harry Potter scarf!!!!!!" (Pictures to come, of the scarf, on Saturday night)

We woke up at 8 today and ate breakfast at 9. We talked and planned our day then left the house at 10:30. It took an hour and a half to get to Leipzig. We stopped at an outlet mall on the way there. I bought some sneakers, Jess bought some sandals and Renate bought sandals and a jacket. We've decided that I'm a sucker for jackets and sneakers. (I shoot straight for jackets in every store...)

We spent the day walking around Leipzig, shopping and laughing....

Ate ice cream...twice! (And I'm not even a fan of ice cream...it's allowed, I'm on holiday!)

A nice, hardy dinner...Turkey breast spears rolled with bacon, noodles and a white wine sauce. YUM.

Jess had a mouthful of salad in her mouth as I tell her "Your dressing looks like diarrhea. I'm sorry, that was completely inappropriate but look at it Jess." She almost spit up her salad but IT LOOKED LIKE IT!

One of our many car ride conversations:
Kristina: "I like your jacket. Where'd you get it?"
Jess: "Here, in Germany. Only 30 Euro. Really cheap. It has all these secret pockets..."
Kristina: "Oh! I LOVE secret pockets!!"
Jess & Kristina: "AHAHAHAHA"

Our evening relaxation consists of watching "How I Met Your Mother," aside from the large amounts of alcohol intake and all this eating business. Jess's b/f (Brian) downloaded all 4 seasons so Jess put them all on my MAC whilst we travel on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment