There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Day 2 - Snow in Germany...

Sunglasses photo shoot is a must.

HILARIOUS doormat. Translates to "Keys lie under the doormat"

Typical tourist...I'm guilty.

On our way out for the day, at 3:30pm (since we slept in...oops) to explore Melle, the town Jess teaches in.

My AMAZING bed where I slept for 15 hours...my only excuse is that I didn't sleep barely in 48 hours so it was needed.

I could be "freaking out" at this very moment since my iphone decided to completely shut off (and it wasn't dead) an hour ago. The only thing that I can think of is that the snow made it wet and there could be damage...let's pray on it and hope it turns on in the morning. (We are currently placing my phone in a baggy filled with uncooked rice in case water is the culprit) I just took a video of us missing our train and going on a mission to figure out how to get back to Melle at midnight...what a grand experience.

Aside from that catastrophe, the trip is GREAT. Gerhard and Renate (pen pals that I've known since I was 14 but never met yet) called us and want us to train to Jena on Saturday to spend 3 days. We're waking up at 5:45am to get ready. We have to walk to the train (about 25 minutes) then it leaves at 7:30am. We have 2 stops and we'll arrive in Jena at 1:30pm. There's a lot of walking and taking the train everywhere. I like it.

It SNOWED today!! We left at 3:30 and it started snowing around 4. Every time we walked out of a store, I said "It's SNOWING!" I haven't seen snow for 2 years - I do miss it. We've got plenty here now. (the snow could have damaged my phone though - everyone just PRAY that the rice soaks up any water!!!) I had hot chocolate and Jess had spaghetti ice cream.

Jess, David (from Ireland), Meredith (from Iowa) and myself. We went to Grüner Jäger, a German bar, and had a few drinks whilst conversing in English. It's funny because David was saying how they pronounce the letter Z like "Zett" not "Z" and so his mom calls "Jay Z" pronounced like "Jay Zett."

My shoes are SOAKED and need to be warm for the morning time...under the heater they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment