There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Liberia, Costa Rica - Day 5 - LIFE IS A BEACH, I'M JUST PLAYIN' IN THE SAND...


Karen and I woke up at 9am and ready to hit the beach...like the past 4 mornings, haha! 


We decided, since it was low tide, to walk across to the other side of the beach  and lay out there.
I couldn't lay out that comfortably because there were tons of tiny crabs, that lived in holes in the sand, and I was paranoid they'd climb on me... 







I LOVE COSTA RICA!!

Karen was pointing at the penis.. 
She just got a kick out of this island





Our jaws hurt so bad from snorkeling still. And we were still sore from zip lining (our arms) and horseback riding (our butts) - we were a mess by the end of our trip. After our beach time, we ate at Coconuts then showered and literally waited for the hours to pass until we went out that night for my birthday. In the meantime, I wanted to play cards and Karen doesn't like to but I convinced her to play Slapjack and let me tell you how hilarious that became. Pretty much anything we do become a story and extremely hilarious. What happens is as she went to slap the jack, she was so excited she choked on her saliva - we, again, were laughing for a few minutes before we could continue.
So I tried putting my jeans on AFTER I put lotion on my legs...not so easy
I had too much fun w/ the timer on my camera...
See!
Karen's dress was too cute
I borrowed Elvis's hat for a photo :)
Just 3 hours before I turn 25! 
Locals we met while we were visiting
One of the many birthday shots...
Not so yummy

Bailar! Bailar! 
I danced ALL NIGHT LONG!
I was afraid to drink that "Coo coo racha" drink....and while I was waiting for this drink to be lit on fire, Elvis points to my dimples on my shoulders and asks, "What's this?"
You light it on fire...
Waiting.... 
SO gross
And I drank most of it but then had the guys take the rest

YUCK
It's midnight and I'm 25! Big hugs from Bernie! 
Love you, sister!


This guy Bernie was CRAZY and had so much energy ALL OF THE TIME! After the dance party, we walked on the beach and random strangers (along w/ Bernie) sang Happy Birthday to me in Spanish.
Unforgettable birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment