There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Liberia, Costa Rica - Day 4 - I BETTER NOT SEE ANY SHARKS!

Another adventurous day :) We woke up around 7am to finish paying for snorkeling and getting our gear together. We met our instructors, this French guy (can't remember his name) and Alberto (from Spain). The French guy was telling us how his brother lives in Miami and he went to visit him once and he hates how people can tell he's French. He said the second he saying "Hello" which sound like "ello" when he said it, someone said, "Are you from France?!" and he thought, "Ugh, fu*#" and it was funnier listening to him curse. 



In the distance, you can see a small island that looks like a penis. And what's funny is I noticed it and thought it in my head but didn't mention anything to Karen but as we began to get closer to it, Karen leans over and says, "Doesn't that look like a penis?" and I was like, "I was JUST thinking that!" - can you tell we've been friends since we were 10!

This is "Monkey Head Island" which was the island that looks like a penis from a distance.  
We were fully geared up for our snorkeling adventure!

Classic picture we took in Cancun in 2004 when we last went snorkeling

SO Karen decided to fall, ever so gracefully, backwards out of the boat (imitating our instructor)  and it was hilarious! In this pic, my head is just thrown back because I couldn't stop laughing and didn't want to choke on the water.  
We also got stung by the tiny/clear jellyfish on our faces, hands and neck. Karen got stung first then it happened to me and it kept happening to both of us. We be swimming then all of a sudden,  our heads would pop up and we screamed. It feels like a mosquito bite so it's just surprising and really annoying. 
There was one point while we were snorkeling when Alberto says, "If you go 2 meters below, you can see where the sharks are sleeping in between the rocks" - that just about FREAKED me out! Karen and I had no interest in seeing sharks and this left me paranoid the rest of the time we were in the water.
There's Alberto from Spain!

This was a dead balloon fish and I was so scared Karen was going to drop it on me so I didn't want to get too close AND it smelled so incredibly disgusting. 
My sexay feet

One of my favorite things to do...read outside 
Half the time I wasn't sure if I was tan....or just dirty. I went inside and showered then we were relaxing, reading and listening to music when all of a sudden Karen sits up so fast and yells, "Oh my God Kristina!" (my first thought was, "Great, she sharted", because she was sick from something that whole week) and she yells, "DON'T BREATHE! I just farted and it smells SO bad! See I knew I was sick w/ something" - HAHAHAHA
So here's another picture that cracked us up so hard we were crying. I set the camera w/ the timer then ran back on the bed to take a photo of what we did in the afternoons (after laying out and before going out at night) and we also ended our nights like this. So I'm looking at the picture and complaining about how big my legs look until I catch a glimpse of Karen's turquoise underwear and almost dropped my camera because I began laughing so hard.

Oh...the memories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment