There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Liberia, Costa Rica - Day 3 - LET'S SWING FROM TREES...

Waking up at 7am, the morning after ladies night at Lizards, was a tad bit rough :/ We met up w/ the man who was taking us to Buena Vista (I can never remember his name). It didn't take long and the sites were GORGEOUS driving to where our excursion was.
We look gooooood
Always always gotta check the back
The forever long path it took to walk up to the zip line...we seriously thought we were going to die. Our legs felt like lead. That's the waterslide Karen will later go down..
Karen's very first zip line ever!  
WOOT WOOT
Funny story: I was busy taking pictures and being sure to capture everything that after we took this picture, he looks at me and asks, "Where are your gloves?!" HAHA I left them on the bench we were sitting on. Oops 
SUPERWOMAN! 
This one on of the longest zip lines and so so fun 
Our instructors: "Crow" and Donald


Zip lining is so so relaxing
All these are of Karen since she has all the pics of me on her camera
Our instructors: "Crow" and Donald
Upside down was fun and Karen got it easily but me on the other hand....I couldn't grasp the fact that he wanted me to let go (I went first) so he kept saying, "Let go!" and I'd do it for a second then grab onto rope again - you had to be there. 
Zip lining was first on the excursion and this was our finale...taking a pic in front of this huge tree
It was only 11am (we started zip lining at 9-ish) and now we were waiting to eat lunch then horseback riding....
This was a large group of tourists/Americans and it was hilarious because the old man in the back (the very last guy) looked up as they were walking up that area and said, "We have to walk ALL the way over there!"
These helmets did absolutely nothing for me - I did not like them
Karen was excited for her horse...little did this horse know that Karen would be farting half the time.
I, on the other hand, was not... 
Karen w/ her camera all out and me pretending that I'm not about to have a nervous breakdown
We saw 2 Iguana's whilst we were taking the trail to our mud spa 
This was so incredibly stressful for me. There were such steep hills (up and down) and it feels so scary on top of the horse like that. Karen was actually behind me most of the time and when we first were on our way I heard a really loud fart sound. I turn my head and look at Karen and I ask, "Was that you or your horse?" and she did it again - now we begin laughing hysterically....

The farting proceeded to happen throughout our journey to the spa and once, one of the guys was behind Karen when she did it, I just about fell off my horse I was laughing so hard.
We took a pit stop to hike to the waterfall....
I was screaming, "I LOVE Costa Rica!" and Karen was yelling, "Don't move the bridge!" (she was so afraid at how wobbly and how high we were off the ground...I'm not sure why I wasn't scared but I'd do it again!)
Gorgeous :)


This pic cracks me up! My face is priceless... - As we were changing into our suits, I say to Karen, "You better not pee in the water" and she responds so quickly w/, "I know!" 
This mud was pretty hot and felt SO weird putting it on
Mud spa time and ready to wait in the sun whilst it dries
Rinsing....so gross

Can you see the spider monkey?! He was jumping from branch to branch, too cute!
The relaxing pools we spent our time in after rinsing all that mud off

This tractor ride was like a death ride. You have to understand how many bumps and hills we went up and down. You bounced up so high when you hit a bump and I was holding on for my life. THEN Karen starts laughing SO I start laughing and it's just a forever laugh fest.
Volcano in the distance
Breath taking :)

I love how it said, "Please put on a diaper (women only)" 

The diaper is so the swimsuit doesn't get ruined and you go fast - I did not do this...I was exhausted and it looked too fast
So we began our day at 7:30am and we passed out by 7pm - we were able to get 10 hours of sleep every night except for 2 nights....now that is what a vacation is all about !

No comments:

Post a Comment