There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

VEGAS - Day 1 - October 17, 2011

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

And I should have become an Airtran A-Plus member long ago since I always end up flying with them! It's about time!!

Since my broken toe is still so fat it doesn't fit in shoes...my slippers had to do. I'm not sure if people were staring at me because I was wearing slippers? Or if I was that ugly? Or if I was hot? OR if I was hot/ugly wearing slippers! 
I was talking to Justin on the phone and said, "Let me go through security right quick then I'll call you when I'm at the bar" - Just by that statement...I knew I've gotten used to airports and all their greatness.


As I was boarding the plane, this lady's luggage in front of me got stuck on the seat which made me kick it with my bad toe...I was NOT happy SO instead of getting upset (or allowing my inner ghetto-fabulous-self come out), I simply placed my bag in my overhead bin, set my backpack beneath my seat and ordered a double of Jack on the rocks. 
Just to get an idea, this is how the story went:
Flight attendant (gay guy NOT that it matters but it makes the story that much better): "Anything to drink?"
Me: "Do you have Riesling?"
Attendant: "We only have Jack Daniels (and some other liquor I don't remember)."
Me: "I'll just have Jack. On the rocks."
Attendant: "Single or double?"
Me: "Double"
Lady next to me (I learned her name was Patricia): "WOW"
Me: "Yea, I'm on vacation"


The minute I stepped off the plane and into the airport...LIGHTS and GAMBLING lol


I walked outside to get a cab to the Cosmo and there was a VERY LONG zig zag line of people waiting for a cab as well. I simply walked to the back of the line to wait when a guy yells, "Any one persons??" and I immediately threw my hand up and so did this guy way ahead of me in the line...the guy looked at me and then at the other guy and points to me to come under the ropes. 
I knew I liked Vegas before I ever got there.
I literally waited 5 minutes. HAHA!

I checked in at the front desk at The Cosmopolitan (2 years old) and immediately saw art filling the lobby by my Greek people. I felt at home already.


Mini photo session before I quickly changed and met the guys at the Aria where Bill won lots of moolah


31st floor room view






We went to the bad side of the strip and had pizza at this place named "Albo". Friends was playing on the TV and my brother turns and looks at me and asks, "Did you put this on?!" and I just start laughing and yell, "JUST BECAUSE Friends is on does NOT mean that I put it on!!" I'm a Friends fanatic (which most people know) and I seriously have Friends playing at all times. If I feel lonely or just need noise in the background, believe that Friends is playing in my house.



Outside of the pizza place, this sign caught my eye and I thought of Ihab!! So I sent him this text asap and he text me back saying that him and all the RPR crew just left Blue Martini and ate Arepas!! 


So Pete decided we were going to walk instead of wait for a cab. BAD IDEA. Apparently cabs don't stop on the side of the strip that we were on SO an hour later we finally made it to our hotel. I walked in uncomfortable shoes and on the side of my foot because of my toe so when I took my shoes off, I had blisters all on the side. Thanks Pete.


The way Bill looks is the way we all felt by the time we got back to the hotel. 


The guys went to play some blackjack and I went straight to bed. After experiencing Vegas, I can completely understand how no one sleeps and you get about 4 different winds throughout the night. There's just too much going on and lights everywhere inside and outside. 
Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I think they were staring because you work working that airport runway.

    ReplyDelete