There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

NYC - Day 2 - September 16, 2011

We already knew that day 2 would be our "touristy day" so we woke up early around 6ish I think to get ready and be on the subway by 8am. We had plans to go to Ellis Island, see the Statue of Liberty, shop in China town and figure out the rest after seeing how tired we were after all that...and we accomplished it all.

I wake up texting...it's a problem


Jesse was watching something on the TV that was clearly getting her attention


We just loved the subway...so easy to use!



On the ferry heading to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty


I got up to take a picture and someone European family sat right ON Jesse and where I was sitting. So Jesse scoots down and says out loud "let us just move down" and the family is all "THANKS!" and Jesse was saying it sarcastically ....we laughed out loud... a lot







We were too lazy and impatient to stand in a line to see the statue of liberty from the front SO we decided to take pics of her back and that was good enough.



Ellis Island reminded me of the movie "Hitch" 


Mini photo shoot ABOUT to happen whilst we wait on the Ferry to go to CHINA TOWN!




We don't take normal pictures.


We were in a cathedral and trying not to laugh before the service began 




All the construction workers


My face says it all. This girl was taking too long to pass by and she was in my picture. Jesse thought it was funny to snap it then.



My souvenir to myself! I LOVE PURPLE!!


Jesse survives the entire day UNTIL we get to our room and she decides to leave her phone in her back pocket when she went to go pee. So here she is praying it turns back on.


We went to red lobster for dinner and we actually had to take an elevator from the bar to our seats! 
SO COOL!


Jess didn't know I took this pic


I like the first one better


Everyone gets this look from me. Signature face.



On our way out to Fashion Forty club


We got in to this rooftop club and our tickets were $100 but we got in for free! Thanks for making us pretty moms!!



BEST FRIENDS or should I say... HOOD FRIENDS


Jesse decides to bust out her fashionable slippers when we were less than 20 steps away from the hotel




PIZZA after hours!!

WHAT a productive day! We did Ellis Island, the statue of liberty AND shopping in China town by 1pm. We then had time for a nap. Naps are THE BEST! I love how the city is so alive. It's just as busy with people walking everywhere at 10am and the same at 9pm. It just feels like people are living. AWESOME.






1 comment:

  1. looks like a fun trip... I hope to see your Vegas trip documented :-)

    ReplyDelete