There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SURGERY

October 16, 2013


A year and a half later, I finally got my toe fixed.
I'll back track . . .

I moved from Florida to WI in June of 2011. I was only there for 4 months but during those 4 months, I joined a Co-Ed Soccer league for a couple of months in Madison, WI. I ended up breaking my right big toe in the game before our last. I always play forward, and I was, BUT the other team was about to score so I ran back to boot the ball out and just as I was going to kick the ball (with every ounce of muscle in my leg), the guy kicked it a second before I did so I end up kicking him in the foot. I kicked him so hard that my toe bone just split. 

It didn't break on the joint, which was a good thing. I didn't have insurance at the time therefore I couldn't take care of it properly. LONG story short, it didn't heal right so I had surgery on it today. I didn't personally speak to the doctor after since I had anesthesia but he told my mom that they had to do more than anticipated but all in all, everything turned out fine. I go for my follow up on Tuesday :)

My baby girl knew I had surgery this morning. 


 She was extra lovey.


My mom flew in for the surgery. She's here two weeks so we got to spend a week together already (before surgery) which was nice so we went to the pumpkin patch, saw a show, etc.

Surgery was at 10am so we got there around 8:45am.


Wake me up when it's all over.


The IV was cold in my veins.


The drawing my doctor put on my foot as he walked by and then left, ahah.


The surgery took about 40 minutes. I didn't go in until 11am and we ended up leaving around noon so it wasn't too bad.
I was pretty drugged up when I woke so I don't remember a lot or what I said. I do remember asking for a recliner that I saw in the room though.

Then I proceeded to crawl in my back seat.



 All situated.


My friend, Alicia, brought me a care package and a balloon with the bandage on the right leg! haha


My position for the next week . . . or weeks.


My hand is bruised where my IV was. 
Nothing Ariel can't fix! HASHTAG (I like saying that) #littlekid



She won't stop staring at my balloons. Good thing she doesn't have claws!
I look like a pill popper! HAHA Well, I will be for a week or so but then back to work I go!


I can't thank my mom enough for taking time out of her schedule to fly out here. 
LOVE YOU, mama

THANK YOU ALL, for your prayers! Surgery went well and was a success. Couldn't have asked for a better procedure. Now, it's time for recovery. I will do my part and stay off of my foot :) This means a lot of movies, reading, sudoku and puzzle making!



VISITORS ARE WELCOMED!

UPDATE:

I had my first appointment on 10/22 (a week after surgery) and the doctor said it's healing great! It kinda doesn't look like it (LOL) but he said that the swelling is way down for what was done to the toe.

YAY!

Road to recovery . . .




Live. Life. Out. Loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment