There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Friday, October 4, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - DAY 1

October 3, 2013


I didn't fall asleep until 11pm on Wednesday night and I had to be up by 3:30am on Thursday morning in order to leave the house by 4:30am. My flight was at 6:40am so I wanted to get to the airport by 5am. There are now two terminals at McCarren Airport (LAS) and the newer terminal (Terminal 3) is the best. I was flying Frontier (on the way to MN), which is Terminal 3, and thank goodness because Terminal 1 was PACKED at 5am. I already checked in online and I never check luggage so I walked straight to security.

I was hungry so I had to get a bacon, egg and cheese croissant.



It still cracks me up to see slot machines in the airport.


 Literally, trying not to fall asleep, waiting to board.


I thought this picture was hilarious because it always seems that one person is a cuddler and the other isn't so it seems like this is what it would look like.


I flew with Frontier Airlines on the way to Minneapolis since I had a one way ticket free with my miles. Frontier is actually a pretty good airline and has comfortable seats buuut I hate the credit card SO no more frontier. And I only had that credit card, for Frontier, because I flew to WI often, after I moved to FL. I do not fly to WI anymore so no more Frontier.

About to pass out for two hours, on my way to Denver.
I slept the entire two hours to Denver and was falling asleep in the airport, prior to boarding.
You know when you're nodding off and your head jerks up and you startle yourself, yes, that was my entire morning. I was SO exhausted that I even forgot to take my classic "bathroom pic" -- fail.


Waiting in Denver, to head to Minnesota. The cool thing about Frontier is that they have animals on the tails of all of their airplanes.



My flight was supposed to arrive at 2pm but it arrived an hour late because some part had to be replaced prior to departure. And then we left the gate and had to turn around and go back, for paperwork. I actually got off of the plane after sitting for 20 minutes because they said we could and get back on.

I was bored so I was taking a pic of the bottom of my shoes. They're purple!


When I finally landed, which Peggy only thought I was going to be 30 minutes late, and I texted her in the blue (see below). 


Peggy had a butt cushion her entire drive, haha!


We took our excited picture together right when she picked me up.
Love this girl.
Cousins!



I miss the green!! We don't have this in Vegas.


When I lived in Madison, WI for 4 months, Peggy came to visit and we ate at this amazing restaurant named Granite City and look what we found!!!!!


I had some Oktoberfest but I have to say, I'm just not really a beer drinker.


Well, just for this picture.


These are THE BEST PRETZELS, as Peggy's expression shows.
We are definitely cousins.


I LOVE asparagus.


Our server was really cool and as we were leaving, he tells us, "You girls enjoy your trip together" and Peggy says, "We're lovers." hahaa

The entire length of the wall is a giant mirror SO . . .


 My maturity level sure did come out and I posed for Peggy.
It's pretty nice and freeing to act as silly and ridiculous in front of someone else and know they love you all the same (or so she says -- lol).


We took an hour nap and then left the hotel close to 6:30pm.
As we're driving to the movies, we pass Marshalls and others shops and talk about how we have to stop here. I just love how we're in a different city and all we want to do is shop . . . at the same stores we have where we live!

 We saw Prisoners.
SUCH a SCARY/suspenseful movie THE ENTIRE time.
Go see it.


We got hungry again and stopped at this pretty nice restaurant.




I had some Red Pepper soup.


And a Mediterranean salad, of course.


That's right.


We got home around 10:30pm ish. The movie was two and a half hours long and then we ate. We were exhausted BUT we also couldn't fall asleep because the movie freaked us out, haha! I know I was up past 1am and we planned on waking up at 8am to spend the entire day at the Mall of America.

We're in the hotel room, with the TV on, getting our things situated and I'm laying in my bed playing Candy Crush and decide to ask her, "Have you played Candy Crush?" She responds with, "Don't even talk about that game. Justin (her husband) is obsessed with it." And I just laughed . . . and continued to play it.

Right before we're getting in bed, Peggy asks, "Are there more sheets?" and I say, "No, why do you need more sheets?" and she says, "Because I sharted." and I look at her and ask, "Are you serious?" and she wasn't but I was like, really!

My cousin and I are six months apart and have stayed close since we were babies. We keep in touch, skype and talk on the phone often so seeing each other for this trip, is like we just hung out yesterday.

So happy we get this girls weekend together!

Are you two cousins??
No . . .
YEAAAAHHHHH



Live. Life. Out. Loud.



No comments:

Post a Comment