There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - DAY 3

October 5, 2013

We were getting ready around 9am, whilst listening to Michael Jackson (you can see his fro on the TV). Now that my hair is getting longer, I can barely stand it to blow dry it.


I'm clearly done getting ready therefore taking pictures seems to be appropriate.



We were on our way to Shakopee, MN for the Corn Maze. As we were driving, I was telling Peggy how I have to mail my postcards. And my German friends, I'll just save the postcard for when I get back to Florida to mail. Then I said, "Wait, not Florida. Um, wherever I live." 
I always say Florida when I mean Vegas! 
And when I first moved to Vegas, I would mail stuff and put for my return address, "Las Vegas, FL"
HAHA

Corn Maze Address:
1100 Canterbury Road
Shakopee, MN 55379






The Corn Maze map!




Hug a pumpkin!



I was all about getting a corn dog! But the cheese curds were no good.
Disappointed. Needed Saz's cheese curds.




Map
There was a lot to do!


As we were looking at the corn maze map, Peggy asks, "Doesn't it creep you out that there was a maze in prisoners? It's like, if you don't find all of the letters (for the maze), YOU WILL DIE!"
We laughed.


We made our way to the Pig Races at 12:30pm




The pig races were my FAVORITE!




They were so cute and fast!


We then made our way to the petting zoo that they had there.


The camel was my favorite animal to feed because its lips were so big and you could feel them on your hand when he went to eat the food.



Loved him.





We found another endangered species . . . 


Llamas always remind me of the Emperor's New Groove!



Peg loved feeding the baby goats


You could put cheerios down that white tube and the monkey would eat them.




 These guys were pretty entertaining as well.



About to start the corn maze!


Overview of the maze




As we were walking through the maze, Peggy says, "I wish there were food and shop stations in here"
HAHA



It was a bad idea to where my new shoes and they got dirty :(


If you really didn't pay attention to the map, you get lost so easily but if you do pay attention and follow the lines along with where we were going, it was pretty simply.

What you had to do was go through the maze and there were going to be 6 out of 26 signs that would have this guy on them and then you had to put those letters together to make a word. We got through 18 letters then got tired so I just looked for the exit - LOL.


I wanted to try this cool diner in St. Paul so we went . . .

36 W 7th Street
Saint Paul, MN



And it's super tiny. It's old fashioned and really cramped up. Luckily Peggy had the idea to go for malts, after the corn maze, so that we could go to downtown Minneapolis at night (since this place was in St. Paul). It would not have been fun to eat dinner there.
It was a fun experience though.




I loved my vanilla malt!



We went back to the hotel and planned on napping for an hour BUT I napped for two hours. I was exhausted from the corn maze extravaganza.

We got ready and we make it to downtown around 7pm. 



Peggy was doing her stretches before we left the parking lot.


How about . . . EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED!
I'm not kidding.






I spotted a Barnes and Noble and it was open but closing in 5 minutes!
I did not understand how downtown could possibly be closed by 6pm on a Saturday night.
Ridiculous.



We stopped at Target and I so badly wanted to get this for my cat but she's too big to fit in anything!


We asked this employee at Target where to go for Sushi so she recommended Tiger Sushi in Uptown.
As soon as she said, "Uptown" we got excited because that was somewhere we wanted to visit.


I had some eel and dynamite rolls.
They had the best throwback music from the 90's playing. We sat for a while, after we were finished eating, talking and jamming out.


YUMMY



We made it home.
Like my shirt?!
HAHA

It's okay, those are not my sexy eyes. I can't reveal those just yet. 


We ended our night playing rummy while watching, "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days."
We were both pretty tired and went to sleep shortly after.


 A somewhat successful day though we were disappointed in Mickey's dining car and that downtown Minneapolis was closed when we got there.

Minneapolis is definitely a place to visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment