There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - DAY 2

October 4, 2013


MALL OF AMERICA DAY!!

So we woke up around 8am, in order to prepare for our all day extravaganza shopping day!
We both didn't sleep well or fall asleep early due to that movie we saw the night before. SO we were both a little sleepy but we got up!

As we were driving, there was a car in front of us that clearly could not drive. So, as most people do, I look at the plates and say, "Vermont? What's there even to do in Vermont? (Peggy and I both chime in)  Not learn how to drive apparently." 
Yes, we are related.

I'm then looking through my wallet to take my ID and credit cards out as I find my $10 off Victoria's Secret coupon. 
I say, "Look what I got." 
My cousin, "Free kilota" (underwear in Greek). 
Me: "No, $10 off so it's a whatever I want to buy coupon."
My cousin: "Ohhh, so the edible lotion?"
Me: "Yes."
(These are the daily conversations we have. AND we have them though we live states apart because we talk on the phone often and/or skype.)


As we just finished parking (we took a picture of the sign below to be sure we didn't forget where we parked), just before getting out of the car, I say "I don't need my jacket. (And I take it off)"
Then Peggy says, "No you don't . . . BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO BUY ONE!!!"

HAHA and we just laugh and get out of the car.


Well . . . we sort of attempt to get into the mall but we're getting side tracked by posing by EVERYTHING.


Cousins for life.


We walked into Heaven on Earth.
There are 3 main floors.



And an Aquarium!!!



AND this huge Nickelodeon Universe kid play thing. They had roller coasters, rides, mini golf, games and the mall is built around this kids area.
It was pretty cool.



LEGO LAND!
I was in love with this place.
All of the things you either had as a kid or couldn't have but wanted, I've now been buying.
Why not.



We made the mistake of walking into Brookstone and sat in massage chairs for a bit.
Then I discovered this amazing bungee chair which is extremely comfortable AND as you begin to sit up, the bungees almost like help you up.
So you fancy, HUH?!
(I would be if I actually bought it!)


LOL - Peggy found a neck massager.


Peggy also found Crepes.
I'm not a fan of crepes because I don't like the dough stuff that crepes are made in


I want one of these giant stuff animal turtles . . .
(For now, a picture will do since I don't actually "NEED" it.)


My most favorite store . . . you will see why in the pictures featured below.


UM, I used to read these books as a kid ALL THE TIME!
I love kid memories.


My cousin was clearly sending someone a message.


I found these cool shades then felt the need to take a "selfie" (this will be the first and LAST time you ever see me turn a work unto "ie" at the end - It's one of my biggest pet peeves for people to say "besties", "selfies", etc. BUT I had to use it once because I always hear a British voice in my head when I do.)


BOOTY CALL!


Just weird.


I do not condone swearing and I try my very best to do it myself (and it simply doesn't count if I'm telling a story or repeating a joke that has a swear word in it because most times (in those circumstances) the swear words make the story or joke) BUT this glass made my day.
Work and life have me feeling like that from time to time.
And don't act YOU never thought it!


Look what time it is!


PHOTO BOOTH fun!!


I didn't get the blue shades in one of the pictures above but I did love these green ones!


My thoughts exactly . . .




I have a slight problem with touching peoples asses and if I know you, it's an even bigger problem.
Touching Peg's but and she didn't seem to mind!




We spotted Coldstone but were way too full to actually have any :(


I am NOT pregnant.
(I had to clarify this immediately)
My cousin and I went maternity shopping, FOR HER, since she's about 3 months pregnant. I simply thought it'd be supportive of me to put on a belly and feel what it's like as well.
We walked into this maternity store and the first thing we were offered was water or juice, my cousin was in heaven.


I then put on the bigger belly, that was heavy, I didn't like it.


Then Peg put on the bigger belly because she was looking for shirts that will fit her the entire pregnancy. She did some damage in this store, too much fun!


Mommy to be, walking out the store a happy camper.


I will say, with most of my friends and family having babies, I have thought about it to be SURE I really don't want kids. And I really don't. I just don't have a desire to have a family or kids in my future. Of course, that could change, but I do ponder over those thoughts from time to time since I am 27.
The answer stands, NO.

Then we decided to eat like big girls and it was delicious.


I love bubba gumps!




Our damage after our 6 and a half hour day of shopping. We got to Mall of America at 10am and left at 4:30pm AND we got everything that we went there for!
We were extremely efficient shoppers.



We also stopped at Ikea, right after the mall, since Peggy had never been to one. I personally have never purchased anything from there but we did have one in Florida to I'd been before. She didn't think much of it when we went. 
It's really not all that.


I do not like anything Puma EXCEPT for my new shoes.


These were NOT on the list of items to purchase BUT they were $30 so I did.


My damage. Oh and neither was that jammy from Victoria's Secret but it was just so soft!


Peggy took an hour nap, after our shopping madness. I stayed up and played Candy Crush, of course.

We headed to St. Paul, Minnesota.


The goal was to eat at Cafe Latte, which we did and loved!

860 Gran Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55105



I ate too much, again.
The German Chocolate Cake was delish.


Cute little spot.



Not many places were open in St. Paul but this cooking place was and I fell in love!



I barely cook (because I simply do not like it or have the patience for it) BUT I wanted all of the cooking utensils! They were so colorful and I could mix match for days!




I found this cute bear statue outside.



I decided to pose in the mirror while Peggy was stretching because she was sore from walking.
I was actually sore myself BUT I clearly decided to pose instead.



 We had quite a productive day and were mostly impressed at how efficient we were at Mall of America. It was SO fun to laugh, talk, make jokes and just be with each other. We have always been close so we always simply pick up where we left off.

Love my cousin too much and so happy for her baby on the way :)



No comments:

Post a Comment