There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

MILWAUKEE, WI - DAY 2

February 15, 2014

The snowy view from Peggy's balcony. I was not going to open the screen to get a better picture. My body hasn't been accustomed to the cold for over 10 years now.


I helped glue on some pictures. Peggy finished these Friday night, that's what we worked on. 


I never paint my nails but we had a girly session Friday night and painted our nails and had girl talk. Well, not so much girl talk but Peggy made me watch a birthing video. Not the actual birth but women in labor which only confirmed that I do not want to do that in my lifetime.


We were heading to the banquet hall for the baby shower!
Are you two cousins? No . . . YEAAAH!


This is how my cousin Kathy was putting the desserts table together. With her puppy in her sweatshirt, haha


My cousin, Elaine :)

Justin, who put the great surprise together! I've known this guy for 13 years now. 
Time flies.


Peggy, Elaine and I 

The mom and dad to be











BAKLAVA


This was a super cute idea. It's vanilla ice cream with cool aid and it looks like a bubble bath.


GALAKTOBOURIKO!!!!
My all time favorite Greek dessert.


Peggy, myself and Christina.
The three of us are the same age (give or take a few months in between birthdays) and I (of course) was the bully when we would all play. But we've known each other since we were babies and Christina is having her third baby in March and Peggy is due with her first in April. 
So happy for them!!


Peggy giving a short speech with her "thank yous" and to get started with opening the presents.


Two of Peggy's sisters. Kathy is on the right. We were missing Maria but she ended up stopping by later!


Pete and I


Kathy and I have a momentary photo shoot..


It felt good to be back around family. 


Elaine and her oldest son, Yousef.


Maria! I hadn't seen her for about four or five years. Maria and my brother are around the same age and they were pretty close growing up. Maria, Peggy and I would play a lot when we were younger and she used to instigate fights between Peggy and I. HAHA ah, memories. So happy we're all adults now!


Maria just had her second baby. She's got two boys now. Peggy was still sick so Maria came without the boys since the babies can't afford to get sick.


We obviously can't take normal pictures.


This is my family :)


Peggy had this cute idea to hang all of the clothes the baby gets on a string.
Super cute


Me, Peggy, Elaine, Maria and Kathy. 
My cousins :)
Kathy is the oldest then Elaine then Maria and then Peggy.
Our moms are sisters so we all grew up together and spent a lot of time together. They are my family and I love them. It felt good to be altogether again.
Wish it could happen more often.


Peggy's place after we brought up all of the baby shower gifts.


I was determined to put this baby device together. I think it's a swing/rocker maybe. Not too sure but I like putting things together so this was my task.




I forget what Peggy was putting together but when I looked up and saw her face, I laughed hard.



Another great face.


All done!
We used Justin's muscles twice and the rest we did on our own!
Here you go baby!


I walked out of the nursery and into the kitchen and just laughed.
Towers of diapers.
Welcome to parenthood?


The baby shower was a success. Everyone was so helpful. I'm grateful that I was able to be a part of it. Living so far away sucks for big life events. I always end up having to pick and choose what I go to. As many weddings as I've been in, I've never been to a bachelorette party. That kind of stuff.
So thanks to Justin, I was able to make it for Peggy's baby shower :)
Now, when I'll get to meet the baby in person....that's the question.

I LOVE you all and can't wait to welcome a new baby to the family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment