There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

VIVA LAS VEGAS - Day 1


 April 2, 2016

(Saturday)


I could NOT sleep the night before I flew to Vegas. I worked Friday from 2pm-10pm and when I got home and immediately went into bed to attempt to sleep, I simply tossed and turned until 3am. 
I had to leave the house by 4am to park at work and leave there by 4:30am. My driver was from Turkey so he knew a little bit of Greek and even German. It was fun chatting with him at 4:30am haha. 
My flight was at 7am.

I fell asleep in the airport briefly. 
I flew Southwest which I've never done before. You don't have assigned seating. It's nice because you don't pay for a seat or for a carry on BUT you are merely in a zone and have to find a seat once you get on the plane. Luckily I got an aisle seat on the way there AND it was a direct flight.
I find it slightly difficult to get direct flights from Orlando to Vegas and vice versa.

Unfortunately my flight had crying children but I was so tired that I slept most of the flight.


I arrived into Vegas around 9:15am.
Janet picked me up from the airport and when I hopped in the front seat, I saw two starbucks coffees for the both of us in her cup holders.
That was SO thoughtful and that's never been done for me before! I absolutely loved it!!
(It really is the small things in life)

I was pretty tired but I had a hair appointment at 11am. 
We stopped at Janet's to drop off my bags and then I tried to lay on the couch for about 5 minutes but I was too restless and anxious so we just left for the appointment.

Natalia has done my hair for the past two years or so and I was too reluctant to find someone new in Florida so when I booked this trip, I purposely let me hair get long and left it for Natalia to take care of when I flew in. 

She cut and colored it. I love the two tone with the blond on top.
Never would I have thought that I would look good with blond hair but I like it a lot.
I don't want to go all blond because I really like the dark underneath. Also, if I went all blond, it would require me to get my hair colored more often which is more costly so I don't want to.

The process took 3 hours. Poor Janet hung around the entire time but it was nice catching up!

Natalia works at Square Salon near Boca Park
I highly recommend her !!!


Hair did...off to the BBQ pool partay !


Janet's friends, Adrian, was coincidentally having a BBQ at her house that Saturday that I flew in so we planned on attending that !

It was fun meeting Adrian, her husband and other friends and family! 
It was nice to lay out and relax because even though I live in Florida, my pool at my complex is closed until June for renovations and on my days off, I stay in the house so I haven't been seeing much of the sun!


I took this picture mainly to show off my hair.
I love it!




After hanging out for about 3 hours, I was pooped.

Gia had texted me and asked what we were doing when we were leaving the party so Gia met us at Janet's around 6:30pm and we got to see her and chat before she had to go babysit baby Pia at 8pm.

Janet and I both ended up falling asleep around 8:45pm !!! 

It was a GREAT first day back in Vegas.

I moved from Vegas on November 1, 2015. So I'd been back in Florida for 5 months before flying back. I came back so soon mainly because my mom had a $100 voucher for Southwest that needed to be used by July so I thought, why not!

I also needed to visit to see that I made the right decision with moving out of Vegas and I did.
I certainly miss the friendships I made and Verve Church but I didn't miss Vegas itself. 

So this trip was good for several reasons!














































































No comments:

Post a Comment