There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Monday, May 23, 2016

MORE VISITING AND FUN - VEGAS DAY 4

April 5, 2016

(Tuesday)

Janet and I woke up Tuesday morning and had breakfast then we left the house to meet up with Travis at Casa De Luz at 10:30am.

I met Travis in December of 2011 and I had moved to Vegas 1 month earlier. I was trying All People Christian Church in Southern Highlands and Travis and his family went there during that time. I remember he asked me if he could pray for me after the first service I'd been to, after he introduced himself to me. 
We've been friends ever since!

He invited us down to see the gardens they are planting in some areas so that people can grow what they need. He joked because we helped with a few things with this one and he said, "I bet you didn't think you were volunteering this morning!" but it's always great to see what God has put in Travis's path for him to do.
Great man of God.






I used to see Travis weekly back in 2012 and then life happened and I got busy with work, etc. 
I have got to stop this awful trend of life getting in the way of my friendships.
Glad we're brothers and sisters in Christ from across the Country!


We left Casa De Luz around noon and drove back into town to have Sushi with Nam.
I was DYING for Oyshi because it was always SO good when we ate there and it wasn't as good as I remember it.
I was off pondering thoughts as Janet and Nam were chatting and just thinking to myself that we (all people) have got to just remember some of our memories and that they were great back when they happened and when you try to recreate them, it's NEVER the same.

I did enjoy hanging out and catching up.
And being able to capture this photo of Nam signing with a flower pen.
And Nam is wearing the Star Wars shirt I got him for Christmas!


We then went to Janet's and had some time before GAME NIGHT at Gia's house so we decided to research cruises again.
Long story short, we booked Janet's BIRTHDAY CRUISE to the BAHAMAS! 
I told Janet that we should just do a cruise out of Miami since she's never been. So we will stay at Loews Miami ON her birthday and celebrate on South Beach then the next day, we depart for Cocoa Cay and Nassau. It's 4 days and 3 nights on Royal Caribbean.
95 days until we reunite in Miami!
Janet will be turning old....29.
(Welcome to almost being 30....it's actually pretty great so you're almost in the cool club)

We then made our way to Gia's house! 
Lori (Gia's mom and my best friend) took off of work to hang with all of us for the night!!!
WE LOVE LORI !
(Sadly, as I'm uploading pictures, we didn't take a picture with her. UGH. I did terrible with pictures this trip!)

Marytza and her babies came to the PARTAY too!


From left to right: Nicholas, Greg, Gia, Marytza, Janet and the kiddos, Tony and Abby.
We all worked at The Cromwell together. 
Work friends are typically loyal or "real" friends but once in a while you find some that are keepers.

This picture was taken so early in the night and the night was only JUST getting started...


We played several games:

Would You Rather?
Cranium
Catch Phrase
Cards Against Humanity (which is great fun to play w/ Lori! mainly because of how embarrassed Gia gets.)

Janet hates doing anything where she feels embarrassed (as most of us would do but not with friends!!!) and she apparently thought this would be better than having to do something goofy.
So she CHOSE to have to hold her tongue for a certain amount of time.

And she drooled a few times....


THIS right here, had me CRYING laughing. 
I was LAUGHING SO HARD the rest of the night after this happened.

Gia chose to have each of us apply make up on her. 


This was the end result...BEAUTIFUL.


Don't mess with no Italian Chola.


Cards Against Humanity is such an inappropriately great game.


We stayed several hours and finally left late at night just because we were so tired.
We hung out a good 6 hours and it was SO MUCH FUN.

THANK YOU Gia and Lori for feeding us and playing games with us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment