There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

SILENCE

If we've truly reached salvation, do we keep quiet about it and go on living a "good life"?
We should want to share the great news, wouldn't we?
We'd want to invite others to let them know that they have the opportunity to receive blessings and the greatest gift of all, eternal life...right?

Many Christians (including myself throughout my teenage years until this year - 2011) are hesitant to speak out what God has done in their life and then continue to spread the word. I'm only speaking for myself when I say that I was hesitant and/or afraid of what people would say or react. I was afraid that I didn't know enough of the word in order to back myself up if I were questioned. Really, we don't know ALL the answers on the spot. But that's why we have the Bible to learn from as well as fellow Christians to teach each other.

Do we also try to still live one foot in the world and one foot following God? That's a big reason as to why I have kept quiet so that I wasn't being a hypocrite. But wasn't I then being a hypocrite to God? Shouldn't I care more about being a hypocrite to him as opposed to people? So here I am, partying (not just having a drink but several until my lips go numb), swearing...really just acting a hot mess yet I roll into church on Sunday morning. You can do it and you can get away with it for a minute but inevitably, it all catches up to you. (And when I say "get away with it" it's really when you finally feel convicted) If you've truly repented for your sins, you'd be disgusted at the former things you've done. You wouldn't want or be able to listen to music with cursing and messages that are literally opposite what you believe.

People who don't believe or have an understanding of God...still say "pray for me" because people feel comforted when they know someone is praying for them. We are made to need more than man to rely on in life. I don't like when people haven't taken the time to research my beliefs or the type of church I go to (non-denominational) before making remarks. Same as I haven't looked into Scientology at all so I don't sit there and call it a "cult" or "weird" because until I take the time to read into it and make my valid points, I've got nothin.

People so badly want to know their purpose in life and that goes for everyone, regardless if you believe or not. It's human nature. So why be quiet about this great news that God sacrificed his only son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins? People are interested enough and especially when they've lived a pointless life (which they say to me) full of drinking, sex, drugs...and whatever else they tried filling that void they feel.

It's important we spread the good word.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful message. Amen Tiana! Spread. The. Word.

    Love it! So proud of you. You are a beautiful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete