There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

SOCIALLY INEPT?

Technologically has made this society socially inept.

Oh don't think I'm not admitting to being a part of this society because I'm certainly guilty. 
I'll put myself on blast before I go talking about everything that irks me.

I used to LOVE talking on the phone...now I'll only text or skype. Skype is nice because I'd rather look at the person because it's almost like they'e there. Texting is simply convenient when you need a quick response, if it's not vital to know right then, or you simply don't want to hear someone's voice. (oh stop, it sounds harsh but if I'm watching a movie or lounging at home, I'd rather text)

The extremely bad thing with texting and/or emailing is that we use those purposely to not have to show our true emotions. You don't know anyone's tone in a text. So you don't know when someone is joking, being sarcastic..etc. (Tons of fights happen via text just because of the way its perceived...just a mess) Anyways, we then rely on typing a message instead of approaching someone about something. It's awful and will only worsen.

Let's go back to the basics and use our words
(not via text, email or letters either) - FACE TO FACE!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kristina you are so right!! I am such a text person. I barley use my minutes and they continue to roll over lol.

    ReplyDelete