There's a world out there that we should see.

LIVE. LIFE. OUT. LOUD.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

TO GO TO CHURCH OR NOT

Do you have to go to church to go to heaven? No.

Have I liked every church that I've went to? Not really.
Is it okay to try different churches until you find something you love? Of course!

When I lived in WI (back in 2000), I attended an "Assemblies of God" church which was fine and I went for a few years but it wasn't something I really loved. People there were great, Pastor was great...I just didn't really get what I needed out of it. I went to several churches in WI and then just stopped going.

Once I moved to Orlando (in 2008) and discovered "Northwest Community Church"...I simply fell. in. love. The pastors were great, the people were great, the structure of the church was awesome, the band was excellent...it was awesome all around. I went there for 3 years but then I moved to WI (temporarily) and I was really sad that I'd be missing NWC. Luckily they started airing service on Ustream so I'd watch it on there when I was in WI. Then I moved to NV and luckily found "All People Christian Church" and fell in love all over again.

Anyways, the point of church (in my opinion) is about gathering each week to basically get reenergized/encouraged/motivated by fellow Christians. I will tell you that every single time I began to stray away from God and get caught up in sin, I had stopped going to church. Not for any reason aside from my work schedule, I was busy or I was tired. You open doors and you're more prone to give in to temptation when you're not held accountable and not being around fellow Christians.

This world has done a terrible thing and made "church" or "religion" WAY more complicated than it is. It's not about religion, it's not about going to church...it's simply your own personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That's all. It's SO simple.

My friends kept asking me what I'm doing for New Years and I said, "Just staying home, making a pizza and reading then going to church in the morning to start the new year off thanking God for all the blessings he's given to me." The response I got was, "I'm thankful to but I don't have to go to church." You see how this person got defensive when I didn't say they should go, I simply was answering the question as to what I'm doing. Church isn't there to make you feel guilty about not going either! It's a place to gather and praise God and thank him with your fellow spiritual brothers and sisters and hear what God's doing in everyone's life.

Church is really not that complicated.
It's a place to thank God and praise him and make friendships.

Do I ALWAYS go to church? No. If I work, I have to work but if I don't go, I do watch NWC online just to get a message for myself. Do you have to do that? No.
Each person's walk with God is at its own pace.

Point is, IF YOU feel guilty by not going to church then go and try some out. See what it's all about and decide from there. As long as you're growing, reading God's word, have some Christian encouragement throughout your life, you're good.
Church is a good thing.
It's an open door and there to HELP you not judge you.

Step out in faith and dare to love God fully.

2 comments:

  1. Help me in prayer to find a good Church in Lakeland Tini. I know there has to be one here!

    ReplyDelete